Mediterranean Cooking Classes
Learn how to cook Mediterranean cuisine! Classes are approximately 3 hours and are centered on the preparation of a complete meal. First you’ll have a demonstration from our Instructor Chef and the rest of the class will be hands on. Each lesson covers five recipes of your choice.
Classes can be held in any home, hotel, condo or kitchen. If you don’t have kitchen facilities you can take a class at our kitchen. We are also happy to travel beyond the boroughs to teach, and traveling costs are based on your distance from downtown Manhattan. Our classes are held in English, Hebrew or Spanish.
All menus are tailored to suit the tastes and skill level of each student. The menus are suggested, but we can tailor the perfect one for you. Please select one salsa, one appetizer or soup, one entrée, one dessert and one drink on the suggested menus. We also teach Thai, Mexican, Kids. Kosher, vegan and vegetarian options are available.
We can offer you a class 7 days a week, mornings and evenings. As a courtesy to our instructors, we require a 48-hour notice (by phone in case we do not receive the email) to reschedule any booked class.
WE SHOP, WE COOK WITH YOU AND WE CLEAN FOR YOU.
Totally hassle free classes, you just cook and have fun!!!
Spreads and Snacks
- Hummus – chickpea salsa
- Spicy Feta – Beer & Roasted Pepper Salsa
- Guacamole – With Fresh Made Tortilla Chips
- Falafel – Green Tahini & Fresh Laffa Bread
- Green Apple Harissa – And Here Is Yet Another Version…
Soups & Appetizers
- Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup – Scallion Yogurt
- Ricotta Croquetes – Oyster Mushroom Cream Sauce & Parmesan Infused Oil
- Green Ceviche – Catch Of The Day, Basil, Coriander, Parsley & Mint Pesto, Corn Chips
- Salmon Tartar – Peppadew, Cilantro, Lime, Dill, Toasted Sesame Seeds and Garlic Crostini
- Shrimp Saganaki – Harissa, Halumi Cheese, Preserved Lemon and Algerian Aioli
- Chorizo Meatballs – Home Made Chorizo, Tomato Cumin Sauce, Feta, Mint and Pistachio
The Good Stuff
- Charred Octopus – Heirloom Bean Succottash, Spicy Tahini, Preserved Lemon and Mint
- Chicken Shishlik – Asparagus, Truffle Mased Potato
- Baby Back Ribs – Cajun Harissa, Slow-Roasted Pork, Pickled Onions and Cilantro
- Truffled Gnocchi – Portobello, Shitake, Parmesan and Truffle Oil
- Salmon Arrosta – Tomato, Red Pepper, Roasted Fennel, Tzatziki and Cilantro Caper Gremolata
- Grilled Rib Eye** – Chimmichurri, Spinach Spanikopita & Rosemary Potatoes
- Rosewater Creme Bruless – Creamy, Silky And Fresh
- Morroccan Apricot Cobbler – Kadaiff and Apricot Meriengue
- Baklava Doughnuts – Chocolate Fondue, Cinammon, Brown Sugar and Walnuts
- Halva Parfait - Coffee Caramel Sauce, Halva Cotton Candy & Pistachios
- Limonana – Fresh Lemonade with Mint
- Cucumber, Basil and Lime – With Rum***
- Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita – With Champagne***
*On season **Molcajete add $10 per couple ***With Alcohol add $18 per couple
Vegetarian, Vegan, Kids, Kosher and International Cuisine Menus available, ask for it!
***ASK FOR OUR WINE & ALCOHOL BEVERAGES LIST***
Terms and conditions
Cancellations made beyond 15 days will qualify for a full refund less a $30 administration fee plus credit card charges if applicable. Thereafter, per person cancellation fees are: Any cancellation made between 15 days to 7 days prior to the service will qualify for a 50% refund. No refund will be issued for cancellations within 7 days prior to the service. Classes are subject to cancellation due to extreme weather conditions. Hamsa Catering reserves the right to change instructors and times of class if necessary. Due to the chef’s discretion and the seasonal availability of ingredients, all menus are subject to change.